2ft unrooted cuttings for screening, shade and Shelter. Our hybrid willow shrubs have been bred to produce a hardy fast growing screen. Reaching a height of up to 12 foot in the first year, then slowing in subsequent years until the eventual height of around 6 metres. For shelterbelts and general screening it can be planted in a staggered double row, or for a denser screen a triple row or more is recommended.
- Will grow in most conditions and soil types.
- Suitable for costal sites.
- Can be grown on reclaimed or troublesome land, where other plants would struggle.
- Good for screening polytunnels, sheds and industrial buildings.
- Providing privacy.
- Screening to create a barrier to catch dust.
- Provide shading for chickens and other livestock
- Create fast growing windbreaks when establishing gardens, orchards, woodland
The hedges created can also provide a valuable source of fuel for your woodburner (see our information on Willow as Fuel )